Roku has always been on top of the streaming device’s game! Roku has always been affordable and has a lot of streaming services in its Roku app store. But unlike the competitors, Apple or Google, they haven’t capitalized on their user base to build a viewer base. For instance, Apple has always pushed their iTunes as an entertainment platform. Google has always used Google Movies and TV and YouTube to maintain a healthy user base engaged.
Roku is now following their steps, as they recently announced that their Roku channel application can be downloaded and installed in any device, and the streaming service shall be free since it is supported by ad-networks. It can also be downloaded and installed on your smart TV. But how? In this article, we’ll take you through the process of How to Install Roku App on Samsung Smart TV and will let you know how to open a Roku account as well.
Before answering how to Install Roku App on Samsung Smart TV, we’d like to introduce you to the benefits of being subscribed to a Roku channel. The moment you create a free Roku account and start streaming from a Roku Channel, you are instantaneously given access to over 10000 Hollywood hits and other niche on-demand content as well. If you own a 4K HDR TV, it is always going to be difficult for you to find content to stream in that resolution. With Roku Channel, that is not a problem at all, since a large portion available for streaming in the Roku channel are HDR.
How to Install the Roku App on Smart TV?
Now that you know why you need a Roku channel application, we’ll take you through the question of how to get one on your Smart TV.
- The first thing to do is to sign in to your Google account from your Smart TV.
- After you sign in to your Google account, please go to the Google Play store.
- In there, search for the Roku channel application.
- Once you find the application, please click on the install option.
- Wait for the channel to install.
- After the installation is complete, open the application.
- On opening the application, the channel will prompt that you sign in to your Roku.
- If you do not have a Roku account, you will have to go ahead and create on.
To open a Roku account,
- Reaching out to Roku.com
- After you land on their website, please click on New Account, or Sign up.
- In the first sign up form, please furnish your name and contact information.
- After you complete the form and click on submit, you will be taken to a second form, that’ll ask you for the payment information.
- Please note that this information will be used for the purchases you make via your Roku account.
After this, your Roku account creation is completed, and you can use this to log in to your Roku Channel. Now, this is how to Install Roku App on Samsung Smart TV. But there are other things to learn as well.
How to search for content in the channel?
As said earlier, you will have access to an overwhelming amount of content that can be streamed on demand. How to find the content you want from the channel? Well, Roku search will help you find the content you want as well. You can search for the content based on the title name or even the cast or genre.
If you have any questions apart from how to Install Roku App on Samsung Smart TV, visit our hub go.roku.com/technical support or please ask them to us via our toll-free number. We’re open 24*7 and we can help you with any Roku related queries.